Station 43 is our headquarters and is on the site of our original station. The current building is the third structure to occupy the property bought in 1958. The original station contained two bays, and oil circulator and bunk beds. An expansion of three bays to the front of the building and a meeting room and sleeping quarters for two members on the back was added in 1963. In 1965, the bar-b-que pits were built to help with fund raising for operations.
Adjacent property was purchased from Elliot Florist in 1979. The plans for the current station were approved by the board of directors in 1986. The new building was constructed approximately 10 feet from the original, allowing the apparatus to remain on site and in service for the entirety of the construction. The bar-b-que pits were moved to their current location and the memorial was erected at this time as well. The station has six bays, offices, three bedrooms, a day room, meeting\training room, and ample storage room.
Our newest station, 44 is a sub-station built to place apparatus closer to southern areas of the district, reducing the response time. It has two bays and some multi-use space.
In 2005, In response to the incorporation and growth of the City of Trinity, the department purchased land on Welborn Rd in order to expand to two stations. Station 45 was completed in 2008. Located in a primarily residential area, the building was designed to have a more domestic look. With its four bays, office space, four bedrooms, living area, and upstairs storage space, the station is ready to respond to the eastern side of the district including over three miles of Interstate 85.
Built with Mobirise - Find more